Sunday, July 28, 2013

Safari (Kooky Zoo) Lion Variations (Update)

Back in May I posted about the many head variations of the Safari (Kooky Zoo) Lion.  Since then I've acquired a couple more variations, bringing my total to six.  The two new ones I've gotten are the DEG Metro Stars and Purple/Blue Crystal, 2nd and 4th from left, respectively, in the photo below.



Included in my original post was the following collage showing 32 different variations.  I now realize I failed to include the DEG Metro Stars lion in the collage.  The DEG Metro Stars lion is unique from the other 32 because it's the only one not having white eyes.  Instead its eyes are tan like its head color.  The other unique thing is its mane is a darker brown than the "David W" variation on the far left.  Lastly, it has printing on the stem, which none of the other variations have, as far as I know.  Btw, for those curious, the DEG Metro Stars is an ice hockey team in Düsseldorf, Germany.  "DEG" stands for Düsseldorfer Eislauf Gemeinschaft.



In my original post I stated there were 55 total head variations based on info at the PezBase site.  I'm now fairly certain there really are only 33 total variations.  However, if any of you have photos of some other head variations please let me know because I'd really like to see them.  Also if any of you have one or more of the 27 variations that I don't have for sale, please let me know.  Thanks.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I will never manage to get all the variations.
    Some of them get to very high prices!

    Fasterpez
    http://fasterpez.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the variations are quite limited and are rarely sold. I know I won't ever get all of them either, but it's fun to see all the possibilities!

      Delete