Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Bear's Golden Tongue

I finally got a couple PEZ that have been on my want list for quite awhile, the black bear and brown bear.  While I was looking at them, the light brought out a feature I wasn't aware of -- they each have a golden tongue!  I wonder if this was done since bears love honey?  Very nice touch.  Anyway, I just wanted to share this tidbit with you.

The black and brown bear were the idea of Steven J. Glew.  You can read about them in his "Holiday Colors" section of his website here.  He called the brown bear, Bear C, and the black bear, Bear D:
"Bear C stands for Cody Bear. Bear D stands for Donna Bear. Donna was the best employee I had & the last to be fired when everything went to hell. These were part of the original color design by me for the Pez Holiday Colors. This was a special order & I was promised exclusivity."
"3,456 pieces Bear C Pez dispensers & 3,456 pieces Bear D Pez dispensers. Black & Brown Ice Bear Pez dispensers. Great pieces. I loved them. I think I called them Bear C & Bear D. The Bear D Pez dispenser was the brown one named after Donna a really terrific person who worked for me back then. The Bear C Pez dispenser was named after my grandson Corey. Total cost $27,648.00"
Things have been busy for me the last couple months, so no posts here for awhile.  Happily, I'm off to the PEZcific convention next week!  Maybe I'll see you there?


No comments:

Post a Comment