Saturday, May 18, 2013

Wall Grandstand Display

Well today I FINALLY got my act together and put up a decent display of some of my PEZ.  I bought a wall grandstand display from ShowTime PEZ Displays that can hold up to 80 PEZ dispensers.  The model I selected is 424WG80E, which has four rows and is 24" W x 7" D x 8.5" H.  I chose to get a wall mountable grandstand display since it is space efficient (I'm short on wall space) and the company's displays are recommended by other PEZheads.

Below are some photos to give you a good idea of the display in case you're looking for one.  As you can see from the first photo, the display requires three screws (not included, no biggie).  Make sure to use flat head screws, not countersunk, or you will likely crack the plastic.

The installation is really easy, just hold the display against the wall, make sure it is level using a balance, and trace the three holes onto the wall.  Then put the display down and drill the three holes into the wall.  Depending on your wall type and chosen screw you might need a wall anchor for each hole.  In my case I didn't need them, which made things even easier.  I recommend using a hand screwdriver, so you can screw until it is hand tight and stop at that point to avoid cracking the plastic.  Optionally, you can use a washer, but in my case it wasn't needed since the screw head was wide enough and I wasn't over torquing the screw.

The last photo is a side view to show you the toes of the PEZ feet slide snugly under the rail.  Note that this model has a single rail on the front, which is indicated by the E at the end of the model number.  There is a two rail version, where the second rail holds the back of the PEZ feet, but it is $5 more and doesn't seem necessary as far as I can tell.  The PEZ are good and sturdy in position and won't wiggle or tip over.

After I got the display mounted then I had to decide which PEZ to show off!  I opted for Star Wars, Super Heroes, Sesame Street, Pink Panther, and Funky Faces.  With these I was only able to fit 74 PEZ in the display.  So you really won't be able to fit 80 unless you select lots of slim ones, which aren't too common these days.

Btw, right now ShowTime is having a 10% off sale, so if you're considering getting a display, it's a good time.  The model I got is on sale for $34.95 and I strongly recommend it.  I plan to get many more of these displays so I can show off the rest of my PEZ collection!  That's all for now and hopefully this post helps you out.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment